Please submit your resume with a cover letter that tells us a little about you, as well as a portfolio to [email protected] Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. A PDF or portfolio link should be included with all applications.
JOB TITLE: Lead Project Designer
SUPERVISOR: Principal Designer
The Lead Project Designer is a highly experienced interior designer, that is experienced in supporting and participating with a design team in creating functionally beautiful spaces for residential and commercial clients while using industry knowledge, design experience, innovative design concepts and creativity, all while keeping within the Criollo aesthetic.
- Consistently bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project appropriate, captures the look and aesthetic of the project needs and Criollo brand positioning.
- Work on projects from all phases of design through installment, including but not limited to: CAD drawings, sourcing, procurement, scheduling, and negotiating.
- Work directly with, and manage with team to guide, create, and present presentation boards to include CAD drawings, mood boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
- Independently review approved set of construction documents, including conceptual space plans, furniture plans, RCP plans, Demo Plans, and key elevations, and asses the documents for final approval and/or modifications.
- Generate plan specifications based on client needs and contract requirements.
- Provide design support and administration during all phases of completion and execution of design concepts and projects.
- Source and work with outside vendors to procure and coordinate all furniture, fixtures, & accessories.
- Manage multiple projects at once and maintains a daily task list for assigned projects.
- 4+ years of Interior Design Experience, preferably from a design specific firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- Highly skilled in AutoCAd, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Skilled at researching finish materials and knowledge of their required applications as well as installation requirements.
- Proven ability to create comprehensive finish schedules, lighting schedules, door hardware schedules that include enough information for quality installation and ordering with few questions of clarification by installers.
- Proven track record of achieving goals in a deadline based industry and regularly shows the ability to seek out and finds solutions to problems as they come up while maintain overall control.
- Demonstrates the need for open and direct communication both verbally and in writing and possesses leadership ability.
- Knowledge in Studio Webware a .
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
- Knowledge of design requirements, construction methods and materials for high end residential environments.
- Great ability to multitask, work independently as well as a team, fearless and ambitious.
- Must be GREAT at follow through!
- Reliable car and willing to travel
- Ability to help haul heavy samples and small furniture items during presentations or installations.
- Familiar with Los Angeles Design Stores, and the Pacific Design Center.
Criollo is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a fun, creative work environment.
Salary dependent on experience.